Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm pretty happy with GCC for now. It could probably be made more efficient and have a few more optimization, but all my tests show that it works well. I've just finished cleaning out most of the debug and test code, and the code tree is mostly ready for release. I still need to exercice GCC with a more ambitious project, make a C library, and make the output conform to mostly TI assemly format.

So now I need to go back to GAS and make some more changes there. Namely, the TI format stuff, as well as more error checking for missing or extra arguments. I've occasionally forgot to add a count in shift instructions, and GAS did not catch it.

Here's a more correct build process for everything. GCC now automatically calls GAS, which is nice. I'm not happy about the seperate BFD make step for GAS, but I'll see what I can do there.

GAS:
$ ./configure --prefix /home/eric/dev/tios/toolchain --target tms9900
$ cd bfd
$ make all
$ cd ..
$ make all
$ make install

GCC:
$ ./configure --prefix /home/eric/dev/tios/toolchain --target=tms9900 --enable-languages=c
$ make all-gcc
$ make install

No comments:

Post a Comment