Monday, July 18, 2011

I got patches put together for binutils. GCC nees more cleanup. I need to remove predicates.md, and make prototypes for the .c functions to make the build process less cranky.

I was thinking about this some more, and I'm not quite ready to release GCC yet. I want to make sure a few things are done first:

Inline assembly with -G
Move all predicates into tms9900.md
Add function prototypes to remove compilation warnings
Move all test code out of the GCC tree.
Try position independent code


All done, but "-g" causes a crash:
coverage.c:304: internal compiler error: in simplify_subreg, at simplify-rtx.c:4959

Position independent code requires more substantial changes than I thought, so that won't work for now.

I think I'll release and do debug and PIC later.

No comments:

Post a Comment