Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I recently upgraded my laptop to Ubuntu 11.10, and this has made a mess of the porting effort. Since I needed to relink against new libraries, Binutils and GCC need to be rebuilt. This shouldn't be a problem, but for some reason, the -Werror flag (treat all warnings as errors) is now respected, where it seemed to be ignored before. None of the warnings are in my code, so I don't feel bad disabling warnings.

So I've got to update the build directions for Binutils.

patching:
$ cd {path_to_original_files}
$ patch -p1 < patchfile

binutils:
$ ./configure --target tms9900 --prefix /home/eric/dev/tios/toolchain --disable-build-warnings
$ make all
$ make install

GCC:
$ ./configure --prefix /home/eric/dev/tios/toolchain --target=tms9900 --enable-languages=c
$ make all-gcc
$ make install

No comments:

Post a Comment