Thursday, December 4, 2014

I was trying to find more compiler stuff to work on, but I'm out of ideas. There are no more bugs I know about, and no obvious features that are lacking. I guess it's time for another release.

By the way, I tried out position-independent code (-fpic), and it seems to work OK. I didn't attempt anything serious, but the resulting code looks like it should be good.

The floating point stuff I was working on earlier would probably work out best as a separate library, and it might be good to write it in C rather than in assembly. That means scrapping all that code and starting over, even though I'm about 80% done with an assembly version. The problem is that handling denormals is a pain, and I'm spending too much time doing early optimization in assembly rather than getting proper functionality first.

No comments:

Post a Comment